Thursday, September 13, 2007

Errands

Yesterday I absolutely had to go to the post office. Normally, I try to do these things without the boys, but this was one of those times that it could not be avoided. Thinking I would be clever, I went to the remote, "country" post office which is about 10 minutes from our house. The boys were very well behaved for the first minute we were in there. N stayed next to me and M let me hold him, but they are both pretty independent so this did not last long. N got a little antsy so of course, M joined in. Before I know it, N is singing a beautiful rendition of "Da Issy Bissy Pider" and the spider is crawling all over the post office. M thinks this is hilarious and starts to try to climb up the tables with envelopes, etc... with the spider. I quickly tell N that although his singing is beautiful, we need to stay away from the displays, so to please go stand in a particular designated spot that was clear of anything. N and M were obedient and N decides that since I enjoyed his singing so much (which I do!) he would continue and still be obedient by staying where I told him to. (He's so smart!) Much to everyone's enjoyment in the post office, the boys start singing "Rindy Roundy Rody"... (Interpretation: Ring around the Rosie) And of course, before I can get out the sentence, "Now boys, let's not fall down on the post office floor..." They are both ROLLING on the floor laughing hysterically. It was really cute...albeit a little counterproductive since we had just gotten out of the bathtub, but cute. A lady next to me said that she never dreamed she would be so entertained at her trip to the post office!

0 comments: