Monday, August 16, 2010

N meets his teacher

Today is Open House at N's school. He gets to bring all of his supplies and meet his teacher. He was up and dressed by 8 am this morning even though it didn't start until 10. He is SO excited to be going to Kindergarten. We have been talking it up all summer... All of the fun things he will learn and do. He has not been thrilled about the every day thing, but he is really looking forward to learning how to read. He found out that his best friend Reed is in his class and we were all so happy! A few weeks ago, N came to me and said, "Mommy, this year I don't want to wear cute clothes. I want to look cool."

Shocked, I asked the dreaded question... "Well, what do cool clothes look like to you?" All the while thinking to myself... I am not that old, surely I am still cool!

Well, come to find out, I do NOT know what cool looks like to a 6 year old because apparently, to my well dressed and handsome son... Cool = light up shoes and tacky screen printed t-shirts!!!
Oh My!

However, not wanting to be overly controlling and make my child miserable, we went shopping together and here is one of our "compromise" outfits:

He looks COOL to me... and Cute also!


The COOL kid!




0 comments: