Friday, November 30, 2007

Cowboy!



N has embarked on a new adventure lately... that of a cowboy. After Halloween, when it started getting a little cooler, his Daddy took him tot he cowboy store and bought his some new boots since he had outgrown his boots from last year. Ever since that wonderful father/son shopping adventure, N has been really interested in cowboys. (it couldn't possibly be because we see a lot of them out here!)

The week of Thanksgiving, we went down to my Uncle's house with my parents for the holiday. As usual, I took enough clothes for 10 days for our 3 day trip. Well, needless to say, I only needed one outfit... his cowboy outfit... he wore it almost every day we were there! While we were there, I went out and bought him his first holster and six shooter set. N is thrilled with his "cowboy bewelt" and wants to wear it everywhere. Thanks to his cousin, R, we were already well equipped with some good cowboy hand-me-downs. N wants to wear his cowboy pajamas, cowboy shirts (which are t-shirts with something cowboy on them or red button ups... I'm not sure why they must be red, but that's the way it is!) cowboy jeans (which pretty much just means that they must have "yoops" in them for his belt!) and of course his boots. He also has a bandana and hat which he wears quite often. My mom even went and got him an old "Lone Ranger" DVD with a bunch of old black and white episodes and he absolutely loves them!

Last week we went to the grocery store (minus the guns of course!) and we saw 2 men in cowboy hats (which is pretty normal around here.) Both times, he said really loudly, "Mommy, yook at dat man! Him a cowboy jush yike me!" The men loved it of course!

0 comments: