Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preschool

Today was N's first day of preschool. He is going to a new school this year and we are all very excited about it. It has been a very big decision for us as parents and we have prayed a lot about this choice, but feel like this is definitely where God wants N to be. He is going to a Christian school and will be going 2 mornings a week. The K4 program is very structured and acts much like real school, therefore, it is not as long as last year. He has to be there at 8 AM! (early!) and I pick him up at 11:15.

He has been very excited about his new school and we have tried to instill in him a lot of happy expectation. We drive by it and have taken him there for the open house. We went yesterday and met his teacher and saw his desk and he got a t-shirt (this was his favorite part of course!) He was very upset when we left open house because he wanted me to leave and him to stay at his "New Big Boy Pweeschool!"

This morning we put our new schedule and responsibility chart into use and everything went very smoothly. He got up and made his bed, had his breakfast, brushed his teeth, and got dressed without a hitch! ( We have been practicing on his responsibility chart for the last week.) The only bump in the road was when he wanted to wear his new Batman socks that we got yesterday at the dollar store to school. Thankfully he compromised with me and left them on his bed so that he could put them on as soon as he got home!

Daddy went with us to school and M watched in amazement. M followed him into his class and around to his desk. I was concerned that M would be upset, but he handled it well. N was very excited that he got to stay and did very well.

As we were walking out, J said to me that he was happy that it had all gone so well and there hadn't been any tears. I told him that I knew there wouldn't be any tears because N was so excited about this day. J said, " I wasn't talking about N. I meant tears from you!" I have to admit that I was a little sad seeing my little man go off to preschool. I do get a little choked up when I realize that this is my last year and that next year he will be going every day. Next year at this time, I am sure I will be a mess!

0 comments: