Monday, January 12, 2009

My Birthday

Friday was my 31st (ouch!) birthday! It was a fun day filled with lots of phone calls from friends and family, lots of "Happy Birthday" songs from N and a fun dinner date night with a few couples. The highlight of my day, however, was something very simple. I was on the phone outside and suddenly realized I did not see the boys. Our backyard is completely fenced in so I knew they were somewhere. I called their names and M kept answering me. I fainlly realized that they were in a part of the yard that is fenced off separately where the pool pump is and where they typically are not allowed to be. I went back there to scold them and quickly realized what was going on.



They were picking flowers for me! I did not scold them and let them go about their business through the rest of the yard. After a few minutes, they excitedly presented me with the most beautiful bouquet of dandelions, pink clover flowers, and yes, some of my pansies! It was precious and more beautiful than any lilly or rose could ever be.


This definitely made my day!


That night, we went out to eat with some dear friends (without the kids!) and had a great time. Happy Birthday to me!





1 comments:

Annie Jacob McMullen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT ALLY!!! hope you had a great birthday:)love you



annie jacob