Saturday, February 21, 2009

Potty Training, Part 1


I have finally decided to get serious about potty training M. He is definitely ready... he tells us when he has done #2 and sometimes #1 and will lay down and wait for us to change him. He will sit on the potty at MMO, but not at home. I have been waiting until we were all feeling better and the weather was a little warmer and until I had a few days where we could just hang out at the house and do nothing but potty train.

The funny thing is that I guess I have had this preconceived notion that since he is the 2nd boy, he would be easier. I also had the idea that everything that had worked with N would work with M... boy, was I wrong!

I took M to the store and let him pick out big boy underwear and candy. N didn't want to wet his big boy characters, so I assumed this would work with M... Not. He really doesn't care. I finally figured out after about 3 accidents that he would use the potty if he had nothing on. So far so good. He will go #1 on the potty if he has no pants on at all. He only wants his little potty and not the big potty (also unlike N). The funniest thing is that he pulled his little potty into the playroom and put it in front of the TV all by himself. He is so lazy! He would totally be a couch potato if I let him! I figured I would let this go for a day or so if it would work and it has. He has gone #1 for 2 days in the potty (except for naps and bedtime of course.) We haven't left the house so I haven't tried to let him go in public yet.

I'll post again in a few days with an update on our progress...

0 comments: