Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!

Growing up in a military family, I am very sentimental about the 4th of July. I absolutely love fireworks and all the patriotic songs! I love the flags and red, white, and blue clothes that everyone wears. My Grandfather, Father, and Brother all served in the Army and I am so proud to have that heritage. Now that I am an adult I see the huge sacrifice my grandparents, parents, and brother have made for our country. This is the first 4th in a while that Jamie has been safe and sound on American soil and although I am so proud of his service, selfishly I am really glad he is Home!



We had a good 4th. We had some friends over to swim in the afternoon and then another couple over that night to cook out and go see the fireworks. We went to the Lake Tyler marina and saw the fireworks over the water with thousands of other people... One thing that is definitely true about Texans is they are very patriotic!


The boys enjoyed the fireworks and we had a great holiday. M slept through the show last year, so he seemed to especially enjoy them this year!


This morning at church we had the annual "I Love America" program and it was fabulous! We had wonderful music and a great sermon from our pastor. He has a great blog also: http://fromthepasture.blogspot.com/ The service this morning was very patriotic and really honored the men and women of the military... I always get misty eyed and sentimental!


I tried to take some pictures of the boys this morning before church since M was squeezed (literally) into his American flag outfit and his hair was still a little wet, but they did pretty well considering we go to early church and it was 7:30 am!

0 comments: