Friday, October 3, 2008

A Boy and his Dog

M is absolutely nuts about our Golden Retriever, Lucy. She is the first thing he looks for when we get out of the car and the first thing he looks for when he walks into the playroom in the morning with his juice. He is always letting her in when I don't want her in and getting her to sit with him on the couch when I am not looking. They are two peas in a pod! A few weeks ago I accidentally left the gate open one morning and Lucy got out. I told the boys that we needed to go look for Lucy because she was not in the yard. N looked at me and said, "Mommy, I tink she wan away. I guess we haf to get a new dog!" He didn't seem phased at all and went about his morning business. M on the other hand, immediately put on his rain boots and pulled my hand to the front door. The little munchkin walked up and down our cul-de-sac with me calling out, "Yu-Yee!" in his big voice until she came barrelling up to us. He was beside himself with concern and kept holding out his little hands and asking for her.

Needless to say, when I walked in today and saw this, I just had to take a picture:

Yes, he is watching TV and using her as a body pillow. I wish I could have caught a picture of her face. She was just lying there content as can be! What 1.5 year old "puppy" lets a toddler do this?! It really is a special bond between a boy and his dog!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's precious! we're thinking about getting wilson a dog for his 3 year bday..we want a golden retriever to..although i just wish i could get one that's about 4..just an idea right now