Thursday, October 1, 2009

Snaggletooth

About 2 weeks ago after I picked up N from school, he told me that he had a "loosed tooth." I have to admit that I didn't believe him at first, but he kept talking about it, so when we went to run an errand, I checked. Sure enough, it was loose! Needless to say, I didn't handle it very well... I'll blame it on my hormones, but truth be told I was just sad! I said that I was so sad that he was growing up and losing teeth and he was my baby, etc... Poor N! He got upset and started to tear up. He said, "Mommy, I thought you'd be happy my tooth is loose. I don't want you to be sad. I don't want to grow up and move away." Somehow, the little guy has put two and two together and figured out that when you grow up you move out of your parent's house. I quickly pulled myself together and spent a few minutes consoling him and telling him how proud I was of him and that I was so happy he was growing up and reassured him that he didn't have to move away for many, many years!
He recovered quickly and we called Daddy and all of the grandparents to tell them our happy news. He did inform Jean Mommy however that he was not growing up! He has since told me that he is going to grow up, marry me and stay with me and Daddy forever! Ahhh, the sweet innocence!
Well, it finally happened... I am still in a little bit of shock, but my baby lost his first tooth yesterday! It has managed to hang on by a thread for a while! Sweet N did not know that most kids actually work at getting their teeth out... he has been avoiding it. He has been so excited and telling everyone about it!




Last night, the tooth fairy came and left him a $5 bill in his tooth pillow. She also took a bath in the cup of water next to his bed and turned the water green! (His cousin Abbey lost a tooth while we were visiting her house and this phenomenon occurred, so naturally it is now our tradition also!)


Here he is: Mr. Snaggletooth!

0 comments: