Friday, August 24, 2007

Communication

M has found yet another way to communicate without speaking. This morning, he started nodding his head "yes." The funny thing is that he is not very coordinated yet and so heavy that when he nods his head (quite enthusiastically), his whole body moves with him! It is really pretty funny. He also pulls us where he wants us to go by our clothing, hand whatever. He's very strong and opinionated!
Speaking of communication... N is my charmer. Last night when I got on to him about something, he smiled this sweet smile he has started making when he wants something and said... "Mommy, I wuv you soooo much!" He is experimenting with new faces and of course found a particularly obnoxious one the morning of pictures... that was a memory. We have been talking a lot about happy faces and sad faces. I have been explaining to him that Jesus made him handsome and it makes Jesus sad when he makes these bad faces and disobeys. Last night, during a mini-tantrum, he looked up at me with a horrible look and said "Vesus wan me be bad today!" Interpretation: (Jesus wants me to be bad today.) This of course brought on another conversation of how Jesus wants us to act. It is so funny to me the things that a three year old comes up with and the behavioral / mood swings they have!

0 comments: