Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!


Christmas season is definitely upon us! We returned from Georgia, put up a tree, decorated the house, and are in full Holiday swing!
I took N and M to The Children's Park downtown with our neighbors to their annual park Christmas party. They had a tree, Santa, Christmas carols, hot chocolate, smores, crafts, etc. The Santa told a story that incorporated Santa and Baby Jesus together and we only sang Christian Christmas carols. It was a fun time and boys loved it! Here is a picture of the boys waiting to see Santa. N was a little hesitant and M was super excited... until we got up there and they did a 180! N jumped right up in his lap and started talking while M preferred to stand next to him to have a chat.

The boys helped me decorate the tree for the first time this year. It was quite the experience! M would put several ornaments on one branch and they were all clumped into a small section. N did better about spreading the lights around, but kept hanging the ornaments on the light cord instead of the limbs. I kept trying to figure out why I kept finding light cords pulled out and hanging! Needless to say, I had to redecorate most of the tree and put all of my fragile ornaments at the tippy top! N insisted on putting up colored lights this year and I finally broke down. I have never had a tree with colored lights and although I still prefer white, the boys loved the colors and it was worth it for them!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful tree!