Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Teeth and Hair

N is reaching the age where he asks a LOT of questions and takes things very seriously and literally. I have been reinforcing with him the need to have good dental hygeine. I finally have started telling him that if he doesn't take care of his teeth and brush them, they will fall out and he won't get to eat any of his favorite foods anymore. I know this is a little scary, but it seems to have done the trick and he doesn't fight it as much anymore.
This morning as we were getting ready to leave for school, I told N he needed to come with me so that we could brush his hair. He told me, "Dat's wight Mommy, if big boys don't brush dem hayuh, it will all fall out!" And then he stopped and looked straight into my eyes, pointed his finger in the air and said very seriously, " Have you seen dem Mommy, da big men wif no hayuh?"
I could barely keep my giggles to myself!

0 comments: