Wednesday, April 23, 2008

M's 1st Tantrum

I think M has officially hit the "Terrible Two's"... I hate to say it that way because I truly adore him and do not want to ever think of my precious little chunk as "terrible", but the tantrum I experienced today proved the old saying true!

We went to a playdate at one of N's classmates today and had a great time. They had sprinklers, snacks, swingset, a trampoline, etc... Everything was wonderful until one of the little boys brought out a Woody toy (from Toy Story.) Both of my boys lit up like Christmas and instantly wanted the toy. M got his hands on it and N really was a good sport about sharing. He whined a little, but I eventually convinced him to let his little brother play with it so that he could enjoy playing with all of his friends. The morning was fun and going well... until it was time to leave! I had to take the toy away from M and I have never seen such a tantrum! Kicking, screaming, back arching, slapping... the whole nine yards! I truly do not recall N ever having a tantrum like this. (Although maybe I have already blocked all such episodes from my mind!)

Anyway, once we were in the car and on the way all was calm once again, but all I can say is "Wow!" People are always teasing me that I am so little and M is so big and I laugh it off, but truly this morning, it took all my strength to hold him in my arms and not drop him or hurt him with all his kicking and arching!

It reminded me of a picture that I took a few days ago when M was upset. Although it does not at all reflect the faces I saw this morning, I thought it was priceless:


Now, he is back to his sweet self... I am sure it was a one time thing! :-) Ha Ha!

0 comments: