Monday, May 18, 2009

The Birthday Boys



Today was Daddy's 32nd birthday and M's 3rd birthday. We had a nice day of family time and relaxation. M got some birthday pancakes and after dinner we sang to him. He also got to share in the blowing out of the candles on Daddy's cake, but I tried to make the day more about Daddy. J was thrilled three years ago when our second son was born on his birthday, but I also realize that his special day will probably be in the shadows for the rest of his life! I figured that since M had already had a party, opened a ton of presents, had a cake of his own, etc... we would try to celebrate Daddy a little bit more today! M was so excited and didn't seem to care one bit. He kept singing "Happy Birthday to M and Daddy" in his own cute language. When we asked him whose birthday it was, he said "ME! and Daddy too!"



I went and got breakfast for all of the boys Saturday morning since Sunday mornings are so busy with church. I also made Daddy's Aunt Jerry's famous cake for his birthday! We grilled steaks and had a nice dinner. Daddy got to go to a Rangers game on Wednesday with a friend which was party of his gift, but then we gave him a few more little gifts also.



Happy Birthday to 2 of my favorite boys in the whole wide world! I love you both with all of my heart!


0 comments: