Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Visit from Uncle Jamie



We had a fantastic weekend with Uncle Jamie. He flew in on Friday afternoon and left early Monday morning. The boys were so excited to see him and kept him busy the whole time he was here. I am so blessed to have a brother that not only takes the time to come see me, but takes such an active role in playing with my kids while he is here. I mean, how many young bachelors want to spend their weekends with his sister and her growing family? He is a great "little" brother and a wonderful Uncle. We love you Uncle Jamie!


Saturday afternoon, Jamie worked out and then said he was going on a walk. N announced that he was going on a walk with Uncle Jamie because "I need to exucise to be big and stwong yike Uncle Jamie." When I looked outside, this is what I saw:


That evening we went to a crawfish boil party that some of our friends had at their house and had a great time. Jamie went with us and made tons of new friends. He is so easy to entertain because he is a social butterfly! I think it was an eye opening experience for him since he had never been to a thirty-something year old party that included kids... I think he was surprised that it was actually fun!




On Sunday, we went up to Dallas where Jamie and Daddy got to drive Nascar cars. My batteries died when we got there, so I did not get any pictures of this, but they had a great time. We took the boys and it was fun for them to see the cars. That afternoon, we played with bubbles and flew kites. It was a VERY windy day, so the kite flying was a little tough, but we had fun anyway.




N helped flying the kite and pretended like the strings were spiderman strings. He has a great imagination! M enjoyed playing in the dirt and rocks more than the actual kite flying, but did take a few minutes to watch.

The afternoon wrapped up with some very active swinging and some wrestling. Needless to say, we were worn out Monday!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Allison, got to spend some time with your mom on Tuesday before they left to come see you guys...she told me about your blog, so cute...I love all the creativity that goes into these blogs...hope your parents arrived safely, tell them I said hello and I know you all will have a great time, "playing." BTW, loved seeing all the pics. with Uncle Jamie, we love that guy too. Danielle Counts